Christmas Treasure Boxes

The kitchen floor (and most of me :)  is currently covered in glitter.

boxes 093

This year I had several small gifts (jewelry, soap, candy…) to give and I wanted to present them in a special way.

boxes 071-001

The small papier-mâché boxes were found for 99 cents each at the craft store.

I tried two methods of paint and I actually preferred using acrylic craft paint over spray paint.

boxes 022

Using scrapbook paper I punched three circles out ~ one for the inside lid, one for the inside bottom and one for the outside bottom. I then cut a long strip to go around the outside of the box.

TIP: You could also use craft paint to create an original design on the boxes ~ a great project for kids!

boxes 024

All of the paper was then mod podged onto the box.

boxes 033

Vintage elements were hot glued onto the tops of the boxes. All of the tops were then covered in craft glue and a layer of glitter.

TIP: Check the miniature section for small trinkets to adorn your creation.

boxes 040

Some of the boxes were glittered on the bottom too.

boxes 058

True fact: I once lived in North Pole, Alaska.

On Christmas eve in 1994 the Fashionista and I returned home from a candlelight service and found a moose in our front yard.

(Yes, I know this is a deer/elk. :)

boxes 056

A dear friend, who has really been an angel in disguise, will receive this treasure box filled with her favorite chocolates.

boxes 046

I couldn’t resist glittering her wings.

boxes 049

These wee treasures would be perfect as place markers on a festive holiday table. The boxes really are quite inexpensive and easy to make. The large selection of scrapbook paper and miniatures make it possible to customize to any personality or theme. 

boxes 092

Would the gift of your dreams come in a large or small box?

Laura

Linking to:

The Charm of Home, Common Ground, StoneGable, Today’s Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, SSS,The 36th Avenue, Jennifer Rizzo, Craftberry Bush, Centsational Girl, Pink Saturday, Atta Girl Says

Labels: ,