This morning summer vacation officially ended. Since the middle of May my Sweet Boy and I have made trips to the library, completed several arts and craft projects, swam and enjoyed many other fun filled activities. It is always a bittersweet moment when I drop my kids off for the first day of school.
Never the less there is also the giddy mom inside me who feels that this momentous morning calls for a back to school breakfast celebration.
The table décor is decidedly turn of the century schoolhouse.
Place cards were made via old scrabble tiles.
A repurposed pendant accounts for a new grade.
Old books, flash cards, and ink pens create colorful vignettes.
The decision to include Dick and Jane was elementary.
Along with my new silverware, each place setting included a flash card inspired napkin ring.
I printed simple words onto cardstock using the Century Schoolbook font then attached the “flash cards” to strips of scrapbook paper with double sided tape. (You could also use glue.)
Two simple staples complete the task.
Early morning candlelight receives high marks via a hallowed out apple and a votive.
The reality is that the first day back to school is always chaotic so these images were taken on Sunday evening. Planning is essential as all good teachers know.
But perhaps you’d like to know what’s on the breakfast menu. Since it is still very hot I really adore this Bagel Buoy.

We’ll have cute fruit kabobs.

The Fashionista has requested Rainbow Waffles for her first day of a new college semester.

Love these Butterfly Biscuits from Betty Crocker.

Who wouldn’t want a Happy Little Pancake?

And just for laughs….
I hope I “cracked” you up,
Laura
Linking to:
Labels: Creative decor, Family, Hearth and Home