Pockets Full of Posies

Recently I have seen several excellent tutorials for fabric wallets and clutches throughout blogland. I thought of my small stash of 1940’s fabric scraps, but alas I didn’t have enough yardage to make a large clutch or wallet, so I thought “Why not make something even smaller?”

posies 081

I cut out two pieces of fabric that measured 5 1/2” x  7 1/2”. Next, I cut one piece of double faced fusible interfacing the same size and placed it between the two fabrics and joined the pieces together with an hot iron. A simple stitch around the perimeter and a button for embellishment completed the task.

posies 068

A pretty custom gift card holder is inevitably cuter than a plain paper envelope.

posies 007

I then couldn’t help myself and went even smaller to create a coin purse size.

posies 037

Although it is large enough to hold two movie tickets.

posies 011

Of course the possibilities are endless with what you could fill the pockets with.

posies 025

I filled the sweet pockets in my Etsy shop with paper punches, buttons, vintage embellishments and posies of course!

posies 030

I am thinking that this would make a fun swap.

Laura

Labels: