About three years ago I had seen a darling apron made from vintage pillowcases. I put the image into my style file and there it sat until this last weekend.
In cleaning out my sewing closet I came across my great grandmothers handiwork and decided that there would never be a better time than the present to create my own apron. I decided to videotape my efforts so that I could create a tutorial for you.
If you have trouble viewing the video please click on this direct link.
This segment shows how to create the pillowcase layer and sew on the second row.
If you have trouble viewing the video please click on this direct link.
The finished product and a few tips. (I have no idea why the quality of the video is a bit off. Apologies.)
If you have trouble viewing video please click on this direct link.
Last but not least, a blooper for a happy day.
If you have trouble viewing video please click on this direct link.
Here is a close up of the lace covered waistband.
I love the soft gathers on each row.
Do you have a few pillowcases that you could repurpose?
Happy sewing!
Laura
Labels: Feeling crafty fashion