RWW ~ Royal Wedding Party Ideas and Linky

Welcome to the D. T. A. Royal Wedding Wednesday Party Idea and Linky Extravaganza!
 
key_art_william_and_kate_the_royal_wedding-1
 
There is so much darling goodness to behold if you are preparing to host a Royal Wedding viewing or street party.
 
Royal Wedding - Street Party
 
So let’s get this party started! (This video is a happy must see. )
 

While I myself have been hosting a Royal Wedding party every Wednesday since January, I will not be holding an event in my home as I will be headed to France (I know~I know).  But for those who are, I hope you will enjoy these ideas regal enough for Royalty.
I think I may have actually squealed out loud when I saw this “bubbly” couple. To see how to create this darling Royal bride and groom please visit the Domestic Goddesque.


I love this bunting idea from Patti Crafts.
 

A sweet pattern for pinwheels can be found at Moore Minutes.
 

How happy~ try hanging red, white and blue pom poms from the ceiling or on walls as party décor.
 
 
Check out this fabulous paper bouquet from Whether Paperworks. Wouldn’t this be amazing as a centerpiece?
 
Custom Large Paper Bouquet
 
Street parties are big events in Britain as are garden parties. I adore the Cath Kidston feel of this event created by Elizabeth Harris.
 
[DSC_1706.jpg]
 
Merely googling “Red, white and blue party décor” will bring forth a plethora of wonderful ideas for entertaining such as this gorgeous fête by The Sweetest Occasion.
 
 
A quick sweep through your home and the grocery store aisles to search for items in a patriotic color palette can result in a treasure trove of items you can transform into a charming party vignette.
 
 
Life sized cutouts of the happy couple to place near the front door would also be fun!
Fantastic free printable are available at Design Editor.
 
DesignEditorRoyalWedding1
For quick and easy entertaining one of my favorite U.K. shoppes, Accessorize, has this cute tiered cupcake stand.
Accessorize - Royal WeddingI love these darling paper (Yes paper!) plates from Velvet Wedding.


They do paper napkins too.


I’m thinking you could create a party game of “Pin Will and Kate at the church…palace…” over a map of London sites. Another pin board of the Union Standard can be found at Snaffles Mummy.

2009-11-09 21.08.07

 
I adore these engagingnapkin rings”.


If you are handy with the knitting needles you could give this idea a go.
 
royal-wedding-cake-prince-william-kate-middleton-590jn040611[1]
 
 
As most of America will be watching the wedding in the wee hours, a breakfast menu is the perfect solution.
While scones and tea are a given, doesn’t this Union Jack Fruit Pizza look delicious?
 
Union Jack Fruit Pizza
 
A great alternative to “Toad in the Hole” is this bacon and egg savory appetizer.
 
Bacon and Egg Savory Cupcakes
 
Of course every wedding celebration needs a cake.
 
Royal wedding celebration cupcakes from Baking Mad
 
Strawberries, marshmallows and cherries oh my!
 
 
While you could also create fruit kebabs, this parfait confection looks a “trifle” yummy too.
 
 
Keeping the children occupied should not be a royal pain. A mere box and crayons could result in a “Horse and Carriage”.
 

Every little one likes a crown. There are premade kits or you come up with your own.
 
Several coloring pages can be found at Lucy Learns.
 
 
There are also Princess Catherine paper dolls to enjoy.
 
Printable Princess Kate Paper Doll Royal Wedding
 
I am trying to convince my own son to recreate this Lego Castle Scene for me.
 
Completing the scene: While the couple kiss, wedding guests wait patiently behind them and crowds of well-wishers stand outside the gate
lego_royal_wedding.jpg
 
If you are still at a loss as to what to wear, look as these Union Jack charmers by Irregular Choice. If found, I would love a size 7. :)

Also available in a garden party variety. Want! Need! Must have!
Patty Floral Union Jack Shoes
Is anyone willing to stitch up a Union Standard dress ?
 
Victoria Pendleton, Olympic Gold winning cyclist, models the Team Great Britain


But most importantly, I hope you have fun. While this does end the British edition of Royal Wedding Wednesday, I will return with this series in early June to begin the Monaco edition of R.W.W. to celebrate Prince Albert’s upcoming nuptials. After all, his parents wedding was quite the event.

Now let’s see what you have deemed Royal!

May you all live “Happily Ever After”!
Laura

Labels: