I have been thinking about creating a rag garland for awhile now. Something about it appealed to me. So the mulling began. You see I like to take other people's ideas and put my own spin on them. So this is where the thinking and mulling comes in. Things like: where, with what, when...

Then the Wii entered our lives at Christmas and my children were occupied. School was (temporarily) over for me and I had time to feel ...crafty. So I redid sweet boy's room. (I'll give you a complete tour in the near future.) When the paint was dry I installed the Pottery Barn linen drape. I like this drape. It is reasonably priced, well made and has a good lining. Lining is a necessary evil to ward off the effects of the brutal Arizona sun. But it was missing something... Then, it hit me like a ton a fabric. The drapes needed to be garlanized.
So I gathered up my supplies. Shrunken linen sundress~check, old flour sack material~check, leftover scrap ribbon~check, cards of luxurious outdated fabric samples~check, twine~check!
I decided to work in the hallway because it is hard and cold. Not really, but the hallway was the only space in my home that had enough room to create this mother of all garlands. This was no mere raggamuffin garland, this was a... RAGAMONSTER! After spending 2 hours cutting strips (oh, the drudgery!) I laid out my twine to the length I needed and doubled it. I knew I would need the strength. Labels: Creative decor, Feeling crafty, Saving Mother Earth, Simple joys