A Friday Freebie to help get you organized in 2009!

This is Martha Stewart's craft room. Images like this make my heart pound and my palms sweat. For one moment I think "I need this~I want this." But then reality sneaks back and I begin to wonder just WHO exactly is crafting in this room, Casper?



Reality comes in the form of Martha's friend Rosie, who is also famous for her craft room.

But, back to delicious eye candy. I love how empty paint tins are used to keep this desk area tidy. The desk is just a painted piece of plywood attached to shelf brackets. Perfect for a small area.


I like this idea: use pieces of vintage pottery to corral your bathroom necessities. They have placed some smooth stones under the soap for drainage.




This idea is one of my personal favorites. But of course I like to put a twist on it. Step one: find an old dresser on the side of the road, Goodwill or someones basement. Step two: pull out the drawers. Step three: attach casters purchased at a hardware store to the bottom of the drawers. Step four: slide your ultra cool, ultra cheap storage under the bed.




I was wishing sweet boy's closet looked like this. But he owns more than 3 pairs of jeans.


So on a a good day, his closet looks like this. Toys on the floor, not in the bins.





When I clean I like to pull everything out so that I can vacuum. I also take a damp cloth or new fabric softener sheet and wipe down the baseboards. Old dollar store bags get packed full of toys that are delivered to children living (temporarily) at the domestic violence shelter.


I even decided to paint.




Yet after all that work, the after picture still looks like a before shot. Someday when I live in my end all, be all home there will be built in closet organizers. But for now this works.




Onto Friday Freebie!

Back in August I attended a conference and was given a very nice planner. I don't use planners as I am a member of the small purse club, but I know someone out there in blogland does.
This accordion file was jazzed up with a few rhinestones. It's really cute AND... it is PACKED FULL of scrapbooking supplies, buttons, vintage charms, bits and bobs, ribbon and candy.

Usually, I love for anyone and everyone to leave me comments, but this contest is only open to individuals who are "Adorable People". First timers and Lurkers, you know you're adorable, so become a follower of this blog today. :)
I will select a winner in a few days. Good luck!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Jessica of The Pelkey's. She was selected by the Random Number Generator as the Get Organized Freebie winner.

Labels: ,